Full Job Description
IT Dispatcher Customer Service Representative
This position is responsible for receiving, assessing, entering, and routing customer support requests via telephone and email.
- Handle incoming support requests (phone or email), assessing the customer’s problem and the urgency.
- Create tickets and assign support requests to an engineering resource or department based on skillset and capacity.
- Monitor and address inbound alerts for critical security issues.
- Schedule work based on customer availability and engineering resources.
- Escalate support requests when an engineering resource requires assistance or a customer’s need arises.
- Provide timely updates to customers and internal technical staff during the resolution process.
- Coordinate schedules of technical staff to ensure maximum utilization of resources.
- Provide excellent customer service during every interaction.
- Work to improve processes and innovation in regard to how the support team operates.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to triage customer support issues and determine appropriate resources needed for resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-driven team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple inbound calls and emails.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and internal staff.
- Minimum 3 years of customer service.
- Minimum 2 years working in an information technology support role
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Michigan Drivers License
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $21.00 per hour
Supplemental Pay: Bonus Pay
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Rapids, MI 49508: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required)