Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Valid driver license required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related active Certifications proving competency
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects and tasks
- Ability to solve complex IT issues with little to no supervision
- Ability to interact with various personalities respectfully and with tact
- Knowledge of various virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of various network servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, and desktop platforms
- 3+ years’ experience working in a help desk environment
- 3+ years’ experience working with the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- IT certifications (e.g., CompTIA, A+, Microsoft)
- Comptia Network+ certificate
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience working with ConnectWise Manage and automate
- Knowledge of various network practices and protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, RDP, LDAP, EIGRP, DFS, DFSR, NAT
Full Job Description
Job Title: IT Technician
Minimum Requirements to be considered for this position:
Education: Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of coursework in computer sciences or demonstrable on-the-job equivalent experience.
2 years of experience providing technical desktop and systems support in an MSP or large multi-platform and multi-operating systems environment.
Valid driver’s license required
Assist with setup, management, and maintaining the security infrastructure of IT systems. This includes installing hardware, configuring server and backup systems, and providing vendor support, as necessary. As well as engaging with clients, relaying technical information, and troubleshooting all issues discovered.
Assist in change management and disaster response, and actively apply policies and standards to all projects. Must be able to work independently as well as function within a team of other engineers.
IT Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot Issues – monitor security devices and applications for performance problems and provide troubleshooting support for clients. When issues arise, they must analyze the root cause and resolve them promptly while updating clients all throughout the process.
- Write Documentation – document procedures, device statuses, and other important technical information, recording details of the troubleshooting processes.
- Ensure Compliance –enforce quality control to make sure that all output meets compliance standards by following established policies and procedures that ensure proper network security. Additionally, define new processes as necessary to adhere to changes in compliance requirements.
Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions
Additional IT Technician Skills and Qualifications
Technicians are problem-solvers with strong technical aptitude. They communicate well with clients and other members of their team, and they hold their work to high standards. In addition to a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or a related field, we look for technicians with the following skills:
- Problem-solving skills –must be able to apply technical expertise across various client environments and solve any obstacles that arise, optimizing performance and resolving all errors.
- Customer service –interact with clients during all phases of the service ticket, from troubleshooting to maintenance, being mindful of client needs, and clearly communicating technical information.
- Attention to detail –must be meticulous and detail-oriented, investigating thoroughly to correct any issues while they are still minor and guarantee ongoing security of the network environment.
- Time management – effectively manage time and resources to meet predetermined service deadlines defined by client SLAs, often managing serval tasks at once and coordinating with team members.
LICENSE: This position requires the use of a personal or company-owned vehicle while conducting company business. Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking. Must be willing to submit to criminal and civil background checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: up to $50,000-$80,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Grand Rapids, MI 49508: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required)
- High School or equivalent (Required)