About RedRock Information Security:
RedRock Information Security has provided information technology solutions to the financial sector since 2007. We specialize in providing technology solutions to ease the compliance and technology concerns of the 21st century. Our professional scope ranges from architecting, designing, and supporting networks and data cabling solutions to security auditing, policy/procedure engineering, network engineering, and implementing telecommunication systems.
Are you tired of dealing with irate customers dragging your mood down throughout the day? That won’t happen here. Our customers understand the necessity of the support we provide and our best-in-class team takes pride in making our vision of distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service real.
We don’t just work hard, we also take time to get out of the office and play. If you want a say in what we do or where we go, be sure to ask about our employee-run culture committee! We regularly provide lunch and at least once a month, we buy dinner. In the summer we’ll buy brats, dogs, and burgers and grill out back (we buy the beer too).
This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customers’ IT systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing IT solutions. Your daily duties will be assisting the service desk, handling escalation tickets, and working on multiple small to medium size IT projects. If you have a passion for customer service, enjoy solving tough technical problems, designing exceptional solutions, and have an eye for detail, then we have the position for you!
- 7+ years helpdesk/field technical support experience providing a complete network to endpoint support service to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Understanding of data integrity, standard backup practices, and associated hardware/software solutions. Experience with Veeam preferred.
- Windows Server (2012-2019) administration including spin-up, roll-out, and management, including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policies, Certificates, Trusts, Print Servers, Application Servers, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain virtual environments (vSphere, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of workstation operating systems (Windows, macOS)
- Workstation productivity/operations application administration (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Router/firewall experience, IDS/IPS, application control, content filtering. Experience with FortiGate preferred.
- Enterprise email systems (Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365).
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft 365 migrations/deployment and security configuration.
- Provide both reactive and proactive support of desktop, server, and network issues for our clients, and offer assistance as an escalation point for Tier 1 support team.
- Resolve proactive and reactive tickets (submitted by clients or created by monitoring tools) remotely and onsite as needed within committed Service Level Agreements.
- Escalate issues to other team members when necessary.
- Keep accurate daily time entries in the form of service ticket notes.
- Implement multiple small to medium projects and act as the lead project engineer.
- Lead customer onboarding and offboarding.
- Lead managed service offerings and cross-train on other offerings as assigned.
- Articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people.
- Maintain client documentation.
- Mentor new Engineers.
- Must have ability and experience working remotely / from home (employer provides all items needed for work).
- Must be available for on-call duty (1 week as primary, 1 week as backup) every 3 months.
- Must be available occasionally on nights and weekends to perform off-hour maintenance and projects.
- Must be willing to travel for onsite client visits; some overnight stays may be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to submit to criminal and civil background check.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Must provide a high level of customer service with a positive attitude at all times.
- Must show professional and courteous approach to interactions with customers (honest, trustworthy, objective, competent).
- Must possess great communication skills, both verbal and written, at a consulting level.
- Desktop Support: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Windows Server support: 5 years (Required)
- Firewall and Network Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- MSP Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Technical support in a production IT environment(s), preferably in multi-site environments: 7 years (Preferred)
- ConnectWise, Fortinet, Veeam, Auvik, IT Glue, a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Ability to work from home temporarily
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place